A lot of people have expressed working with us on Cryamore (even sent resumes for stuff we didn't even announce), and though we don't want to hire a BIG team to get the game done (we feel that keeping the team as small as possible will make it easy for us to keep everything in check), we by ourselves can pretty much do it. But having backup assistance prepared will always help.
With that in mind, we WILL most likely be pulling on a small amount of freelance help for the game. (A good 3-5 people at most.) Rather than waiting for that time to come when we're into development and sending the message out that we need help at that time, we're going to start accepting resumes now so we can contact you if we feel you will mesh well with the development of Cryamore.
So these are the kind of people we are looking at:
- Spriters+Clean-Up Animators+Pixel Artists. If you can do pixel art by itself (icons/items), let us know. If you can clean-up pixeled sprites fairly well and stick to the look, let us know. If you can animate those sprites and stick to the look, let us know. If you can pretty much man it yourself and stick to the look, let us know. If you can do all those things, you definitely might want to LET US KNOW.
- Background Artists+Background Painters/Colorists. If you can draw isometric backgrounds based on concept art, let us know. If you can paint backgrounds based on the style we're going for, let us know. If you can do all of the above, you definitely might want to LET US KNOW.
- Coders. If you know how to program well and know advanced programming techniques and would like to be a part of this, shoot us an email. We may pull on an additional programmer to help, though Alan and I can really handle it ourselves. (We're prototyping/creating Cryamore in GameMaker Studio, mainly using the GML programming language, which will allow us to publish to PC/Steam and Mac; [Vlambeer's Serious Sam: The Random Encounter was created in GMS, as well as Legend of Fae]. If you're really proficient in GML/C++/Java, let us know).
- Voice Actors. Voice acting is an optional feature at the moment. As stated before, we have gotten a few resumes for voice acting before we even mentioned that voice acting is a possibility. Even though it's not set in stone, we'll still accept resumes/demo reels for them.
If you're interested, please send an email to us at CryamoreDEV@gmail.com
and let us see the following:
dA NOTES SENT TO ME OR ALAN ABOUT THIS WILL BE IGNORED.
- A Portfolio (this must be a site/dA/gallery; don't send us a slew of stuff in an email)
- Credentials (Anything you worked on/completed in the past, published or not)
For those who want to do volunteer work, send us an email stating that you'd like to volunteer and list those same things above, and we'll see if we can find something for you to do. For those who have already sent a resume to us, you don't need to send in another one, we have yours already filed in the appropriate spot. Thanks!
Good luck, guys! And thanks for the continued support! Also, share this to anyone who you think may be interested! It seems as if Cryamore's chalking up to be something awesome at this moment.